St. Andrew’s Outreach Activities to the Community and to the Wider Community
- Back-Pack Buddies is one of the programs St. Andrew’s supports with Edward’s Elementary School .
- Activities: Lenten soup suppers, new member Sunday, church picnic, ISU welcome fair, MICA donation blitz, pet blessing day, Christmas service postcards, Christmas remembrances to families of deceased over the past year, bread bags to visitors, compassion meals, follow-up with new members, Kidzdayz, annual talent show, fellowship time after church service, Lutheran World Relief, Crop Walk, men’s bible study, and woman’s circles.
- All year-advertising and community awareness of St. Andrew including: CyRide ad, yard signs, window decals, newspaper ads and articles.
- Music outreach: GNEA concert.
- Facilities use for art and sewing classes, Ames Coral Society, Good Company, NAMI rummage sale.
- Ministries: Puppet, Pine Ridge, Low Income Housing, Tanzania.
- MICA (Mid-Iowa Community Action)
- Budgeted benevolences: GNEAC, Ames Emergency Residence, MICA, Healthy Food Voucher Program, ACCESS, Heifer Project, Drs. W/O Borders, U. of I. Hospital Lutheran Chaplaincy Program, 20/20 for new congregations in the southeast synod, University Lutheran Roof Fund.
Linda Seaverson is the contact for Community Outreach. She can be reached at email@example.com.